Monday, March 29, 2010

Rain...finally

It started raining last night and rained all night and all day today. Still sprinkling tonight. We really needed the rain. We haven't had any significant rain or snow in at least a couple months. Everyone has been worried about wild fires this year.
We're still working on brush-clearing and tree-trimming. Also doing some walking around in the garden and planning for this year. We keep a map of the garden each year and rotate where we plant things. I'll have to order apple and cherry trees to replace the ones rabbits killed this winter. It still makes me want to weep. This time we'll put something around the trunks to protect them over the winter.
I've gotten most of the apples from the root cellar dehydrated now. They look neat, like some kind of weird potato chips! Next I'll start on the potatoes, but it'll have to wait until after my bike trip. They should keep all right. If they sprout, we'll plant them!

No comments:

Post a Comment