Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Snow???

After having above-normal temperatures for the past couple months, it turned cold and snowed yesterday! I couldn't decide whether to go ahead and enjoy the sight of the flakes coming down, or to sit and scowl at it! Although it snowed all day we only got one sloppy inch, and that's gone today.

There's still snow on the ground up here around the cabin, but there are bare spots too. Very MUDDY bare spots! Down in the valley it's dry. Our 3 miles of dirt road are a generous mix of broken ice, slush, and mud. It takes 20 minutes to drive to the pavement right now. In summer we can drive it in 15 minutes, and in 2-wheel drive, unless it's been raining a lot!

I don't think I'm eating enough to keep up with my training bike rides. The no-sugar, no-salt diet for 1) my blood pressure, and 2) keeping my bad tooth less symptomatic, plus the fact that I don't eat processed foods (especially ones with High fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated fats) makes for less energy for the muscles. Time to increase things, but to choose carefully. More protein, more carbs, without garbaging up my diet.

Other than my pansy muscles and the cold temperatures, the bike rides are going well. I rode to Eureka today and brought groceries home on my bike. Less wind today too, which was nice. Cold air but lots of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment