Here's one of the best pictures of the year!
Okay, it's only January, but it'll be hard to beat this!
As kathleen wrote in her email: "She was so impressed that Grampa Gregg could pick her up by the ears!"
It looks so nice and snowy-white!
This isn't all of them. I have so many things drying right now that I was short of racks.
The rest of the kettle of beans was sitting outside waiting for rack space.
Beans and rice dry quickly and are one of the easiest foods to do this with.
When I'm ready to use them, I'll soak them in water for an hour or so, drain them, and use as fresh. They are particularly good for refried beans.
To make those, I heat lard, shortening, or any oil (Olive oil, if I'm feeling "healthy"!). Then I mush the beans into the ban along with some garlic salt and fry them.
Sometimes I add a touch of taco seasoning, such as from the bottles of it they sell at Costco.
The kitten knows just where to spend these cloudy, damp, cold January days!
Looks kind of goofy against the Christmas tablecloth I've yet to take off the kitchen table!
Steven worked on his writing while I sewed. We enjoyed cups of vanilla chai tea while we worked.

No comments:
Post a Comment