Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beautiful girls

Emily and I went to Missoula yesterday to watch the Miss Earth pageant. It rained most of the drive down there, but coming back we just hit wet roads here and there. The pageant was nice, other than one 'cheering section' for a girl who had a lot of people in the audience! They were obnoxiously loud. Lots of pretty girls. I'm glad I wasn't a judge. Some were clearly better than others in some ways, such as how they walked or smiled, but they were all very pretty.


Steven and I got part of the garden tilled the other day and planted Jerusalem artichokes and 46 hills of potatoes. It's a start anyway. Now begins the annual battle to keep the garden from freezing (even in July) and harvest enough food to eat for another year. Dumb climate here, unless you're growing snowballs and icicles!


Speaking of which, there are still patches of snow in shady places, mainly where snow slid off shed roofs and packed hard. The road up from the fork, which is the last mile to the house, is still a muddy mess with one really BAD 'sinkhole', as Tristan calls it.

No comments:

Post a Comment