Gregg and Kathleen are in the process of butchering one of their steers.
The meat hung in their horse trailer, parked in the shade on the north side of the house.
They took a piece out at a time to process it.
What a job! Hundreds of pounds of meat!
Very cold weather, most of the time, and rainy some of it.
They still have another steer to do!
Wow! I admire their hard work!
After visiting a short while with Gregg and Kathleen, we went on down to the lake to check our muskrat traps. Steven is unbuckling the ratchet straps on the canoeDoesn't taste like chicken!
I'd guess more like squirrel!
A friend thinks it tastes like dark meat turkey.
The mountains just barely peek above the trees, from lake level.
And now looking to the southeast.
It's hard working around everything else, but there's no place to put things like the extra rolls of insulation, and the "new" door.
I'm sitting on the part over the cab, where the bed will be.
I'm sitting on the part over the cab, where the bed will be.Then I got up on the roof of the house and caulked more of the roofing screws, to use up the rest of the tupe of caulk.
We have to replace the maker light on the right in that group of 3.
We have to replace the maker light on the right in that group of 3.
It was broken when we got the uhaul.
I don't know how this picture got turned sideways
I frosted one apiece for us to eat, and then remembered to take a picture!
Of course, mine was half-eaten by then!
They were the best donuts I've ever made!
I love the new recipe. They taste like the ones in the grocery store bakery cases! Only homemade and with wholesome ingredients...at least as much as white flour and white sugar can be called "wholesome"! Well, the egg is, anyway! Fresh from our chickens!
No comments:
Post a Comment