Can't call Steven a Vegetarian now, either!
While I was on the phone with Tristan when he called to tell me about his deer I heard a shot off the direction Steven had gone. Half an hour later he called on the ham radio to tell me he got one.
While I was on the phone with Tristan when he called to tell me about his deer I heard a shot off the direction Steven had gone. Half an hour later he called on the ham radio to tell me he got one.
I walked back with him and helped pull it home.
5 by 5 antlers, one tine with the tip broke off.
He shot it on Stoltz Lumber land off our west boundary, but it was over the ridge.
We had some up and down, and downed trees to go over as we waded through the snow. It was worth it. Between this and Tristan's deer we'll have good oranic meat for the next year.
I like knowing that the deer lived in a wild and free environment clear up until it's death. No round-up and time spent in a feed lot or shipped off somewhere to a kill-factory meat processing plant. Steven's beard and mustache got pretty frosty.
It only got up to 4 degrees above zero today.
It was 6 below zero when we were hanging the two bucks
in the shed tonight.
Tristan with his deer, here in the driveway when he got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment