Friday, July 22, 2011

Fishing, and a delivery from Lowe's

"Meh...you go fishing. I'll wait here. Be sure to catch something! I love fish!"



On the way over to the lake we stopped to take pictures of bear tracks in the mud near a cronic puddle on our road!



Marl Lake in the early morning light.



Mist was rising off the water as the rising sun warmed the air.



A bird was fluttering over the lily pads looking for breakfast.



The Island on the east side of the lake.



Steven caught a perch, and...



...I caught a Pike. We decided that was enough for a meal, so we went home and had mashed potatoes and fried fish for lunch!



Snake attack!



"I give up. Time for a nap!"



Steven put on a new fuel filter and replaced a bad section of gas line. The sun was blinding him so I propped an umbrella against the car with a couple of sticks.



This picture belongs on the next post. Tristan's car was in front of his girlfriend's parents' house, and it wouldn't start. He'd replaced the water pump, which led to a serious of misfortunes, like breaking the mountain hub, and in the process accidently breaking something to do with a module, by bumping into it. He nicked the fan belt and had to replace it. Then the battery was dead from all the attempts to start it. He's NAPA's new best friend! The truck is fixed now and has a lot of shiny new parts. Poor Tristan! Cars/trucks haven't been kind to him.



Monday morning Lowe's from Kalispell delivered the building supplies for Barbara and Victor's house. Or should I say, the part of the house they're building this year. It'll be a 12' by 16' with a sleeping loft. Cozy (realtor's code word for tiny and cramped!), but it'll be warm. They'll have enough room for what they need while they save money to build on the 20' by 20' they want. That sounded small but now seems huge compared to the 12' by 16'! They have wonderful attitudes about it, so I'm sure they'll be fine.



The guy used a cool 3-wheeled forklift thing to offload the truck.



We loved the bumper sticker on the forklift!



The building supplied were set on logs laid parallel on the ground near the building site.


No comments:

Post a Comment