
"Well??? Let's get going! I wanna go home!"

"All right, all right, I'll go potty before we leave! Now shut the door!"

We were given most of a case of bananas that weren't going to keep much longer. I sliced some of them to start drying on the way home. I was lucky this drying tray was still in the uhaul-camper.

The first couple miles were over the Mojave desert, and we were GLAD to get past that and into the Sierra mountains of eastern California. It was close to 100 degrees crossing the desert, and for this time of year it wasn't all that hot. WE felt hot, though!

Really beautiful mountains, rugged and snowy.

More views of the Sierras.

Gas was REALLY high in eastern California. The highest we saw it was $6.00/gallon.

I like the steep, rocky slopes of the eastern Sierra mountains.

Reno, Nevada, through the windshield. Gas was much cheaper in Nevada. We rolled into Reno on fumes, not wanting to pay any more high California gas prices.

This picture makes me think of the opening shot on the TV show "Little House on the Prairie"

The Humbolt river flowed alongside the freeway east of Reno.

No trees in this land! I like how the freeway snakes through the hills.

A railroad bridge makes a nice prop in this picture in western Nevada.

We spent the night north of Wells, Nevada at a wayside pull-off almost in sight of the Idaho state line, NE Nevada. This was taken the next morning. I stood on top of the uhaul to see over the trees.

Steven plays with Odie in the parking lot.
"What do you mean they're out of sausage biscuits?"
At a gas station in Twin Falls this dog was in the truck at the next pump!
I love that face!

Scenery north of Twin Falls, just before the fork where we angled NW toward Ketchum.

The Sawtooth mountains, from the top of the pass.

Coming in to Salmon, Idaho, just south of Montana and the Bitterroot Valley.

Me with a snowball!
At the top of Lost Trail Pass, on the Idaho-Montana state line, there was still pile of snow around the edge of the parking lot.

Scenery in the Bitterroot Valley.
We drove on through and got home around 2 in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment