
"Yes, I'm still a strange cat!"

Steven welded the tailpipe back to the muffler (or something like that) under Victor's truck.

Two of the eggs hatched. The hens have been setting on a collection of duck and chicken eggs.

Steven's birthday. I thought he was old enough last year! Ha ha ha ha! We had grilled chicken breasts (thanks, Stephen!), corn-on-the-cob (thanks, Emily!), and mashed potatoes (thanks, me!).

Steven uses the French Press he got for his birthday to make coffee.

The construction continues. The first floor is pretty much done and they're putting up the stringers for the second floor/sleeping loft.

Here's Steven waiting for Victor to hand him another board for the floor joists/stringers.

I dug these up out of my parents yard a couple years ago and put them in my garden. The bloomed for the first time since I planted them.

The cat guards the baby chickens! Sadly, the next day when I let them out in the chicken pen for a while, the reddish one on the left got through the fencing and disappeared. I presume it met it's demise but we didn't find it.

Cosmos in my garden.

Steven did his laundry. We all do this from time to time. I don't know why I keep taking pictures of it! I guess to show that it's not just a one-time thing for demonstration or picture-taking. It's a way of life for us.

Just like mowing our lawn with a motorless reel-style mower. We work at it a bit here and a bit there, because there's so much yard it would be a big project to do it all at once with one of these mowers. We like using it, though. It's quieter, and it doesn't stir up so much dust and other things to aggravate Steven's allergies.

The Service berries were loaded this year. I canned several jars of them.

More progress. The bracing cross-boards are put in the second floor.

Steven and Victor are nailing the base boards for the roof onto the top of the first floor wall.

Done for the day, they admire the view from the living room window.

One of Barbara and Victor's cats, "Boney" (short for "Bone Crusher", which is hilarious for this soft, gentle kitty!), lays in the trail in front of me.

Temporary supports for the ridgepole for the roof.

That's me sitting up there on the stepladder, and Victor standing nearby.

I put the remaining chick into a cage to keep it safe. The cat checks to see that it's comfortable!

Steven marks and cuts one of the rafters.

They used the first one as a pattern for the rest.

Meanwhile, I kept up with my garden work. Weeding. Watering, Harvesting. The peas and raspberries produced in abundance. For 2 to 3 weeks we got about a gallon a day of raspberries. We ate them, gave some away, and I canned 46 pints of them.

Victor's turn to do his laundry.

Barbara and Steven put the rafters up.

It looks like some kind of cage!

Almost done with the rafters.
No comments:
Post a Comment