A few days later I was climbing around on our own roof, patching it yet again. This time I smeared roofing tar thickly around the skylights and on some of the screws and seams of the metal roofing. It's hard to get one's footing on the metal roofing. I hate it.
The roof is done and the woodstove pipe is in.
On the floor you can see the pad Barbara made for the woodstove to sit on, using rocks and mortar. In order to NOT have to pull the woodstove out farther into the room, Steven and Victor got creative with the stove pipe. It works fine, draws well, but is going to be interesting when it's time to clean the pipe!
Time to start cutting firewood. Steven got the wood-cutting truck ready and made a gate-type deal above the tailgate so we can stack the wood all the way to the back and not lose any. After I took this picture I painted it, then painted the rest of the boards on the sides.
Victor took the capper off his truck and he and Steven built a frame for above the bed so they can haul firewood.
Steven put the receiver and hitch ball on the truck because we were going to take the wood-hauling trailer, but we decided not to take it on the first load. We wanted to go look first and see where the wood is and how far we have to drive, and make sure we can turn the trailer around. Good thing, since we ended up having drive and drive to find stuff to cut. The woods are pretty well cleaned out anywhere reasonably close to us.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
3rd week Sept. 20111, roofing and a woodstove
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment