Saturday, December 18, 2010

Third week of December

After all that snow, then warm weather and rain, now it's cold again.
This morning it was -3.
On the bright side (literally!) it was sunny, which
means lots of charge from the solar panels!

Steven made his own roof-rake out of PVC pipe and a board.
It does a great job.
This porch roof is not sloped much,
but the other roofs are, and it's easy now to just pull the snow off.
After I took this picture he went and pulled
the snow off the barn roof.

The kitten and dog weren't impressed with the snow.


I hope the cat doesn't catch Steven with it's Sudoku book!


In the bowl is dehydrated eggs. I'm using a wooden pestle to crunch them into smaller bits.
They rehydrate better that way, in addition to using warm or tepid water instead of cold.
We're learning as we go along!


Ron and Burma gave us this terrific coffee pot, which we've enjoyed using for a few
years now. It makes great coffee!


I used some of my cloth scraps to make ornaments for the grandkids to put on their tree.
That's one of my mixing bowls I'm using as a pattern to get a good circle.
I'm a "floor" person and do a lot of my work sitting on the floor.

Now I'm sewing trim on the ornaments.


And here they are, stuffed with fluff and ready to hang!


David and Andrew with theirs.
Cat in the middle.
Notice there are cats everywhere we go! lol

Anna, who has been eating chocolates, holds her ornament toward me for the picture!
Her daddy, Kevin, got the box for Christmas from a friend.

Jonathan with his ornament.


Next I went to visit Barbara.
This is her cat, Bonecrusher (boney for short).
Don't be fooled by the cute fluff...
lol
Barbara was totally fascinated by my visit and the lively conversation!
ROTFL!!!
I left shortly thereafter, before Victor fell asleep too! ha ha!

Earlier in the day I stopped by the grocery store where Barbara and Tim work.
Tim came along, pushing this stuffed toy in a cart!
He was returning the cart out front and putting the toy back out on the shelf, but i
gave him a hard time about it anyway!
Barbara didn't know she was in the picture.
I handed her the donuts and stuff I was going to buy
so I could take the picture of Tim.

Barbara
Dairy Dept. manager


Later I picked Tim up after work.
We met Stephen at Wal-mart, and they discovered the toy dept.


These boys aren't even in their teens any more!
lol


Steven and I helped fill the Christmas bags to be handed out by the food pantry

Me.


On the way home we stopped to fill water jugs.

Our road, not far off of the paved road.


We let Odie go to town with us today.
She wanted to drive!


No comments:

Post a Comment