
We bought two Concord Grape plants. This back corner within the garden fence is where we chose to plant them. When we built the new fence last year we expanded the garden area another third, and this is part of the as-yet untamed new area.

Steven is using a post hole digger to start the hole for the first support. Grapes vines need wires to grow along, so we had to have posts to string wires between.

The three posts are in place, and now Steven is digging holes to place the grape plants into.

Steven filled in around the plant with compost while I held the plant steady with one hand and took the picture with my other hand!

Here it is, finished and mowed. I waited until after Steven was done digging the holes and away from there before I mowed, because of his allergies. I used rocks from the holes to make rings around the plants to create a border that I'll keep weed-free, watered, and put occasional compost within. We haven't strung the wires yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment