Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Noisy!






We all went down by the marsh to our shooting range with one of Steven's Black powder or muzzleloader guns. I don't know if they're one and the same. I know it's loaded by hand through the muzzle with gunpowder, a cloth wad, and a lead ball, and I don't know if there's something else. You have to do this each time you want to fire, so you can't fire off a second shot very quick! It makes a distinctive boom that differs from a regular rifle, and the smell of gunpowder in the air is nice. Like being at the fireworks displays, or playing with matches and smelling them after the match goes out! The whole thing makes me think of The Star Spangled Banner, you know, the part that goes "and the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air".

I like the next part too: "gave proof though the night, that our flag was still there. I heard that when he wrote it, he had been taken prisoner and was being held on a British ship in the harbor. So while the others were still at battle in the night and he was cut off from them, he could see our flag when the bombs exploded, and knew that we still held the land. It must have warmed his heart, since he couldn't be there to fight alongside them now.

So anyway, first picture is Kevin shooting it. Watching, left to right, is: David and Jonathan on the spool table, Steven standing next to them, and Andrew and Amy over by Kevin. Baby Anna was being watched at the house by Tristan, who was home from work. This was after dinner last night.

In the next picture David is showing us that he doens't need "Tums" for tummy upset, he uses ear muffs to quiet his digestive disturbances! lol

Meanwhile, Amy and Andrew went to check Kevin's target to see how he did. That picture was taking with a bit of telephoto.

Jonathan shows me how he can balance on one foot. He's been in Tae Kwon Do for a couple of years.

Lucky shot for me! Picture, not gun! I took this picture of Steven, on telephoto, just as he fired. The smoke is from the gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment