Saturday, June 5, 2010

Poverty Greenhouse!






I finished getting the other PVC greenhouse ready for the plastic cover. I tied baling twine pieces together to make long ropes, and used it for the horizontal supports for the plastic cover. I used duct tape to hold it in place on the PVC pipes, and started covering it with plastic. This is the 3rd summer for the plastic sheeting. As you can see by the duct tape patches, it's a little worse for the wear! Eventually I'll have to break down and buy new plastic.

Then I cut up a bunch of rhubarb. Some of it I put to dehydrate for use later in the winter. I got a bunch of rhubarb recipes off the internet (rhubarb.com, actually!) and decided to try a Rhubarb Coffee Cake! The red and green bits of rhubarb looked so festive, almost like Christmas decorations, like a fruitcake or something! I'm happy to report that it was delicious! I made a brown sugar crumble for a topping! Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment