Monday, June 28, 2010
Roses and herbs
We have wild roses all over our property. After they're done blooming, rose hips form, which we pick and use for tea. When the petals are about to fall off the plants I go around and pick them. The rose scent is wonderful.
I spread them on racks and laid them in the oven to dry. Since it's a gas range, the pilot light keeps the oven around 95 degrees, perfect for drying flowers! The whole house smelled like roses! I'll use the dried blossoms in a small cloth bag to keep my clothes smelling nice in my dresser and closet!
This is an herb called "Shepherd's Purse", which is also abundant on our property. I dry it to add to my collection of medicinal herbs (my "witch doctor kit"). It's main use is for stopping bleeding, both internally and externally. For a cut, you can crumble some of the herb and place it on the cut to stop bleeding. Internally you drink it as a tea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment