It was a big investment, but saves money in the long run.
Since we only have two barrels for storing feed in, I used buckets for the rest.
In the winter when the chickens aren't laying we use 3-way with molasses. It keeps them healthy and fed. In the spring we put them back on Layer feed.
That saves a pile of money, since 3-way is about half the price of layer feed.
The kitten, of course, had to be underfoot!
I didn't take many pictures today. I made a pot of chili on the woodstove. Everything in it except for the kidney beans was produced at home. Even the venison was a deer Steven shot within walking distance of the house last year. Only one jar left of last year's venison.
No luck for Steven yet this year. There just aren't any bucks to be found.
Well...we're only a few days into our 5-week hunting season, so there's still hope!
I made cornbread to go with the chili, and I made dinner rolls.
The dinner rolls are for sandwiches. We love them with a little bit of meat and cheese on them.
The dinner rolls are for sandwiches. We love them with a little bit of meat and cheese on them.
No comments:
Post a Comment