Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wednesday? I dunno...

"I call this yoga pose 'meditating on the pounce'!
Does it make my hips look fat?"

"For the last time, petting the kitten is more important than anything you think you need to be doing on the computer!"

I cut the last of the celery today. We got a LOT of celery this year. Homegrown celery is WAY better than grocery-store celery!

Bowl on the bottom left is the leaves off the celery plants, bowl in back is the chopped celery, bowl on bottom right is seed heads, which I'll dry and then put the seeds in an envelope to plant next year.

Celery leaves spread to dry. When they're dry I'll crumble them into a jar, then use them in soups, stews, and casseroles. They can also be "whizzed" in a blender to make a coarse powder, and mixed with salt to make "celery salt"

More rose hips drying.
I look foward to enjoying cups of rose hip tea this winter.

This is a woodpecker on an Aspen tree in our front yard.
Fall is on it's way out. The leaves have all fallen.

I pulled the beets. A friend gave me some Heirloom beet seed this year so I planted a small patch of it, just for fun.

Me, digging potatoes.

And there's the potatoes, spread in the house to cure before I put them in the root cellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment