Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fri. 10/01/10 Pickle on the road

I spent a bit of time this morning getting dried foods into jars. In this picture I have a gallon jar and most of a half gallon jar full of dried huckleberries. They look like dried peas only they're purple. I like to joke that they're "Chinese Peas"!
I also jarred up dried raspberry leaves, oregano, calendula flowers, and a few other things that escape my mind right now.

The dog likes to take the things I have out to dry, so I got the idea to put them on top of the car. These are all kinds of things for the goat to eat this winter: Carrot tops and peels, squash peels, squash pulp & seeds, onion scraps, apple peels & cores.
See the pretty Fall colors around the car?

Steven finished fixing the motorcycle. He had to put new seals on the front shock, a new battery, and a new front tire. We waited all summer for the time and money to come together at the same time. I'm so grateful he can do the work himself, once we get the parts.

And there's the tire, mounted and ready to go back on the motorcycle.
Steven jokingly calls it his "motor-pickle", which amuses me!
He took it out for a ride Friday afternoon. I was going to go along but I couldn't find my helmet. I moved it when I cleaned out my old room to make it into a bathroom, and I can't find where I put it. I would have been concerned that the face shield not get crushed and crack, so I probably put it somewhere "safe"! Finally I told him to go ahead and go, that I'd get a ride another time!
The weather was perfect for the time of year, and he had a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment