Yesterday I went for my 2-mile walk before breakfast, then Steven asked if I wanted to walk to town and back with him. That was another 14 miles! It was about 40 degrees but very windy, which sucked the heat right out of me. I was smart enough to wear a polypropyline shirt, which doesn't feel as clammy and cold when it's wet. I wore a cotton shirt the other day and it took me hours to feel warm afterward.
This morning Steven went to the Men's breakfast in town. He usually brings me back a couple pieces of bacon. Yummy, what a treat! This afternoon I have to go to Libby. There's a hearing thingy on the Bill I've been helping on for the last few months (#1040, Forest Jobs and Recreation Act), so I'm riding over with our state senator Aubyn Curtiss, who is also a friend and neighbor. The Bill is due to be voted on by Congress and the Senate soon, so this is probably the last hearing. I hate the drive. It's 100 miles, and 45 of it is along Lake Koocanusa, and will probably be foggy and icy. It's also a very curvy road, zig this way and that and this and that. Ugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment