Skiing down to the lake was fun because the temperature was perfect: not too warm (the snow sticks to the skis) and not too cold (obvious...the windchill, especially going downhill, is cold!). The road was kind of bumpy with ruts, but I don't think I'm going to be able to convince anyone to stop driving cars on it! Once I turned off to the lake it was great. The guys, of course, were on the far side of the lake fishing near the little Island! No luck on catching fish.
After Bryan gets his holes made and drops his line in, he likes to lay right on the snow and peer down through the hole to see if he sees fish. Apparently the lakes he regularly fishes in down near Kalispell, you can see fish swimming around in there. He caught a halfway decent Pike the other day. Ususally we catch Perch.
Our silly mutt, "Bear", went with me, enjoying running alongside me while I was skiing down there. It was a little unnerving on the downhills. The lane is narrow and there isn't much room anyway, for turns and stuff, and she was right next to my left ski all the way down! The only time I fell wasn't on a hill...it was on a long flat stretch when I got careles and tripped over a rut in the road!
No comments:
Post a Comment