After ice fishing we came back to the cabin (see first picture) and had chili, grilled cheese sandwiches, and hot chocolate (see second picture). The ice was 14" thick today. The temperature was around 25 by the time I left to go over there, but the wind had started to pick up. I was a little sweaty from skiing and I got a bit chilled once I was standing still. At least the few inches of slush that had been on the ice is gone now. There's about 6" of snow on the ice, which is easier to walk on. It was a bit disconcerting when my foot would give away through the snow crust and I'd drop through a few inches of slush. I had to remind myself that there was 10" of solid ice under that slush at that time!
The red truck near the road is Bryan's. The black Jeep Cherokee in the driveway used to belong to my Dad, and now we have it. The picture was taken from our road.
No comments:
Post a Comment