First bike ride of the year! (I think I'm late this year...) I put my bike on the roof of the car and drove the 3 miles down to the paved county road, using the word "paved" loosely, since the actual paved surface was under an indeterminate amount of ice and slush. I removed my bike from atop the car and rode about 1/4 mile, around a curve into an open stretch where it turned into mostly slush, ankle-deep and muddy from the gravel/sand mix the county spreads from the snowplow. I didn't figure that was very good for the chain and derailluer on the bike, so I turned back. The past two years I've carefully ridden on the snow in January and February, then stayed off the roads during "break up". Sigh...
I guess I can still say "I took my bike for a ride", because mostly that's what I did, since it spent most of it's time on the car. Total riding: about 1/2 mile. Total driving: 6 miles. Cars seen: 3 on my way out, 2 on my way in. Stupid rush hour traffic! ha ha
The other picture is a set-up. When I got home I changed into shorts, sleeveless shirt, and sandals, and Steven took this picture out in front of our house.
It has been raining lightly most of the afternoon. There's kind of a misty wispy fog drifting around in the trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment