Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A long walk







These are pictures from my walk this morning. Tristan was headed out to Kalispell so I rode along and had him drop me off at the post office (see picture) and I walked back home. 7 miles. It was a pleasant way to spend the morning.

Steven rode along and hopped out about 2 1/2 miles from home and walked back the long way through the woods. He had his predator calls and was looking for coyotes.

I'd had the dog, "Bear", jump up in the back of the truck when we left, and she walked home with me. She was positively delighted!

The slush was frozen and there were weird mushroom-shaped clumps of ice and gravel along the edge of the road where the snowplow dumps everything. This one is about 8" tall.

About 4 1/2 have miles from home I heard these weird whistles and it was two bull elk working things out in a meadow across the valley. That picture was taken on telephoto on top of a fence post to steady the camera.

Another half mile down the road these horses came running up to the fence to see what I brought them! That made me wish I had a pocketfull of carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment