Well, something isn't working right with the upload for pictures tonight, so I'll try again tomorrow. We have a lot of severe thunderstorms in the area, so maybe the internet is the problem. It's running slower, too, which is normal when it rains! Often the internet goes out altogether if we get a lot of rain.
We got a lot done today. We got the rest of last year's carrots peeeled, and now we can get them chopped, cooked, and dehydrated. God is so good, it's amazing we have so many carrots and potatoes from LAST summer, still in good shape in the root cellar!
The way gardening goes here, it's always a miracle when we have such good harvests, anyway!
Let's see...I jarred the dried parsley, celery, oregano, and carrots that were ready. The half-gallon jar of dried carrots is almost full! I also cut more celery, chopped it, and got it drying. Steven shelled the peas. I picked about another gallon of them last night. I cut the bunch onions and chopped them up. There was a LOT of them, but you'll have to wait for the pictures. I also broke some of the bulb clusters off the top of some of the older bunch onions and planted them in another raised bed. I gathered more Calendula flowers and set them to dry. I cut basil off both plants and set it to dry. I've got racks and shelves all over the place with herbs and vegetable and berries drying, as well as bundles tied and hanging inside and out!
Steven got another article finished and sent off to the magazine it was for. When he finished that he went down to the shack and spent some time reloading ammunition. It's how he relaxes! He's got quite a place set up down there. Our old wicker lawn furniture is in there by the big window overlooking the marsh, with the mountains behind it. He sits there and reads sometimes, and looks out at wildlife coming down to drink at the marsh, or to nibble on some of the brush around the edges. In the spring ducks and geese nest there and raise their little ones.
We had thunderstorms in the night last night and again over the morning, so we didn't go pick huckleberries today. Even when it quit raining we knew the woods would be wet, and we'd get soaked climbing around on the mountainside, so we decided to wait and see how the weather is tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment