Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rainy Sunday

It has rained off and on all day, like it has for 3 days now. The odd thing about that is that normally it's sunny and hot throughout August! My garden is happy, though, so I am too! We haven't made it back to pick more huckleberries, but still hope to do that this week. It would be nice to have an abundance of them to eat over the next year!

"I'm NOT asleep...I've passed out from the smell of these shoes! You're lucky I'm not dead!!!"

Anti-cat devices. The kitten decided that it's not only fun to play with Pepper plants, but Basil plants are fun too! In addition to the antlers and the metal pole I stuck bamboo skewers and chopsticks down into the dirt, sticking up among the foliage! While I was washing dishes I kept seeing the kitten sitting in the pots, and after chasing her out repeatedly, this is what I did!

Steven had the goat out while he was working in his workshop, and I could see it from the kitchen window between the workshop and the woodshed. This is on "telephoto", the goat is much farther away than it looks, and it was taken through the kitchen window.

I do lots of garden stuff and bake stuff, but the real cook, the one with imagination who likes to try new recipes, is Emily! Like a lot of teenagers, she doesn't really want to appear on here much, but I can't resist! I'm so proud of her!

I went with Steven, the dog, and the goat to walk over and feed the buffalo. The goatling sure loves eating knapweed. I hope he eats every last one of those pesky plants! I thought JD sprayed them but they're sure thriving!

No comments:

Post a Comment