Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reinforcing the goat pen

"Hmph. I had to find my own pedestal...the rightful place of a cat!" (I was picking peas in the garden and happened to have my camera in my pocket!)

Left to right: Dandelion, mullein leaves, comfrey, whole mullein plant. Hanging to dry.

Steven down at his shooting range. He's not yet aware I'm sneaking up on him.


You can see his targets out at different distances.


Serious business. Sighting in a rifle.

Mullein

Mullein closer. I'm going to enjoy looking at these pictures during the winter when it's cold and everything is buried under snow.


These are the last of the carrots from last year's garden, brought up from the root cellar. I peeled, chopped, cooked, and dehydrated them over the weekend.


The people who gave us our adorable goatling called the other night. They'd given two goats to someone else, and a mountain lion got in and killed both of them. Steven went out and ran an electric wire around our goat's pen and tied it in with the electric wire around the garden.


Here he is, working on it.


More work. Work is fascinating, when someone else is doing it!


I was helping too. I was taking pictures and, more importantly, providing comic relief! (and staying out of reach! haha)


The kitten was out there helping too. See her sitting up on the top rail, to the left?


The goatling wasn't too impressed with the project and hid in his house!

Huh...how about that? I uploaded this picture twice!














No comments:

Post a Comment