Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mon. 09/06/10 Kitty Sudoku

Steven left his sudoku puzzle book and pen unattended!

"This isn't so hard! Even a cat could do it!"

This is Plantain, with seed stalks. The seeds are Psyllium, which is used to make fiber supplements like Metamucil.

I picked some to dry, to add to my medicinal herbs.

Pinapple Weed, which is a relative of Chamomile and can be used the same way. It grows all over the place.

White clover is also all over the place. The flower heads can be dried and crushed/powdered, and used as flour. It's most successful when mixed with wheat flour (or other grain flour) as an extender. It was used in Ireland in times of famine. Good to know, just in case.

One of the bushes I gathered rose petals off of for drying. The bush is now covered with rose hips, which I'll gather and dry for tea. The goat got some of them, but there are plenty more bushes covered with them.
Rose hips are very high in Vitamin C, and they make a tasty tea.
"Where's the snow? I can't wait to try out my four little snowshoes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment