Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pictures from Marge

My sister, Marge, emailed these pictures to me after she got home, from her camera memory card.

Shopping at Wal-mart!

The kitten stretches out

"This is my impression of a sleeping cat"

It was 40 or colder each morning while she was here, and we had a fire in the woodstove to take the chill off in th cabin. I like to sit with my back to the stove and let the heat sink into my bones. The kitten likes to sit on my lap for her morning petting.

This was the evening before she left, when her and I took the canoe out on the lake. Somewhere farther down on this blog is the picture I took of her from my place in the back of the canoe.
It's amazing we didn't tip the canoe when she turned around to take my picture!
That would have been a fun memory I could have teased her about for years!

The morning she left, we had to get up at 5:00 and leave by 5:30 to get her to the train station in Whitefish. We didn't start a fire because we'd be taking off, but it was cold in the house, so I had one coat on and another over my legs. That amused Marge, being from a warmer climate, to see me draped in coats on Aug. 29th!
I think when we get our first snow I should mail her a snowball! Or at least take a picture of one and email it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment