Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thur. 09/16/10

Steven, who usually gets up earlier than I do, worked on an article this morning and got a lot of writing done before I got up. After breakfast he went outside to set up and take some photos for the article. Then he spent the next several hours splitting and stacking firewood.

The kitten helped me lay the linoleum in the bathroom. She kept the carboard center tube from causing trouble!

The far end of the room was easy...it was square. On the other end I had to cut around the shower, back in under the shelves, and around the odd angles on both sides of the door. Stretched my brain to do it, but I did. I tore it a tiny bit in a couple places but it was easy to hide! I'm by no means an expert at laying linoleum. Carpeting is more work to cut, but easier to shape.

I cleaned out the rain gutters, and in this picture I'm tightening some of the screws that hold them up.

"Odie" wanted to come up there with me. She tried hard to figure out how to climb the ladder.

Then I washed the window blinds from the bathroom. That's a scrub brush with a long handle in my hand. This is our large rainwater tank, and the water was actually clean enough to do a good job on the blinds. Then I hung them on the porch to dry. Without a well and running water, this was the best option I had!

The goatling was tethered out nearby. Don't look at where he's nibbling in this picture and think "Poor goat doens't have much to eat!" He spent many happy hours digging through the brush pile behind him and to the right, eating branches we pruned off of service berry, willow, and pine trees! He was so stuffed when Steven walked him back to the pen that the goat practically waddled!

No comments:

Post a Comment