I've already posted a couple pictures below these, of Tristan and the fire dept. remembering 9/11.
(This was actually a yawn that I got lucky enough to catch with my camera! Not a very flattering angle!)
Let's see...what did we do of interest today? We had to pick up a sack of "goat feed" from the feed store, and stopped by the fire department to take a picture of the guys there. Steven worked on the Stihl chainsaw today, putting on the part he had to order for it. That took about 3 hours, but he says it's working now.
The starter is going out on the Cherokee, but we can't afford a new one right now, so we're just praying either it keeps working for a while, or that we simply won't need to go anywhere for a while, at least farther than we can ride our bicycles! lol
I took the new dog, "Odie" for a walk this afternoon, just near our place, but it was nice to see that she stays with me. She ran ahead a few times, but never more than about 50', then she'd stop and look back at me and wait, or run back to me. She leaped over a small fallen pine tree once and it was beautiful! She has a graceful jump! Wish I'd gotten a picture!
And she doesn't chase the chickens! Praise God!
The cat, however, is still wary. Not scared and angry. More curious than anything.
There's a real chill in the air tonight. We've been covering the garden every night, but tonight is one night where it really needs it! I bought 4 large flat sheets (mostly queen-size) at the thrift store, for $1 each, to add to the collection of sheets and blanket to throw over the plants.
No comments:
Post a Comment